The Pampered Mama: An Itchy Scalp, but Lovely Lips - Beauty Addict

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Pampered Mama: An Itchy Scalp, but Lovely Lips

The Pampered Mama is probably about ready to kill me right now. She sent me this post ages ago, and it sat in my inbox. Silly girl! Read on for her thoughts on some products from Oscar Blandi and Vincent Longo. My interjections are in [brackets].

So, I am late with my post this week [ha! And I'm incredibly late in posting it, so we're even]. This is not a surprise. Between having a job, a toddler and a hopeful relationship, not everything will get done when I want it to get done. I also consider it divine payback for my big Sephora shopping excursion, sans baby! I found some of the greatest things, and some of the worst. Let's start with the worst since I was SUPER excited by the concept!

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo. I don't know, maybe it's me and I don't know how to use this product, but it made my scalp itch, my roots feel dried out, and the ends of my hair flyaway, i. e. not the look I was going for. It was so bad, that I got in the shower to wash my hair 10 minutes before I went out to dinner last Saturday! I thought it would be the solution to all of my no-time-to-take-a-shower problems. Alas, that is not the case, and I am on the prowl for a different product to try.

On to happier subjects, I must agree with my best friend and tell you that anyone who has not tried Vincent Longo lipsticks, MUST! I generally use all day lipcolors because I don't have the time or patience to reapply, but these colors are so worth it! I walked around the store with all of my fingertips in different colors to figure out which ones would look best on my lips. I was looking for a red that would not wash my face out and went with "Americana."

The prince has just arisen from his nap, so off I go! If my editor/best friend hasn't nixed me for my tardiness [tardiness is a way of life here, my friend], I will take you back in time to those "ugly duckling" years and show you some of K's early handiwork...


Comments