Oh, Rose. I can barely focus on the makeup and the amazing dress with that hair in the way! This 'do looks more like something Helena Bonham Carter would sport. I have the breakdown for the hairstyle and just can't bring myself to post it, so let's focus on the makeup instead. I'm not a fan of the way the eyeliner on the lower lid just stops; it definitely needed some better blending to smooth out that harsh line. But I'm liking the pewter smokey eye and the glowy cheeks!
Makeup Artist Kate Lee used mainly creme and gel formulas to create Rose's look. Check out the breakdown here:
- "First I smoothed the skin with CHANEL Sublimage Concentrate, and then applied a layer of oil free primer.
- I started by applying a layer of eye shadow base, then worked directly over the top with CHANEL Liquid Eyeshadow in Splash, a gentle mauve pewter shade, new for Holiday. I added a liner under the lash line to add depth, then put a line of the liquid shadow over the top and blended it out slightly.
- Rose’s base was CHANEL Vitalumiere Fluid Makeup, blended very gently away to almost nothing. I only used powder on the nose chin and forehead, leaving the rest of the skin dewy.
- Lashes were given a generous coat of CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir.
- I used a tan matte blush to sculpt Rose's cheek bones, then on the tip of the cheek bones and just under the brow I added a gentle dab of NARS Luxor, which is a transparent creme stick which shines pink in the light.
- On the top crest of the lip I used a lip pencil in a rose gold tone, to add a highlight to the cupids bow, and then I added a touch of CHANEL Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Insouciance... Probably the best nude gloss ever!"