Bumble, bumble and Me - Beauty Addict

Monday, November 12, 2007

Bumble, bumble and Me

I've had a love/hate relationship with Bumble and bumble products for years. Some of the products are can't-live-without staples for me, and others I just can't get behind, even if they're best-sellers that everyone seems to love.

Brilliantine? Amazing. Seriously, it makes second-day hair a work of art. Just a tiny dab whips my hair into fine shape, with fab texture, shine and separation. It gives me that windblown, tousled, morning after look without and of the knots, stringiness or grease. I'm obsessed with Brilliantine; sometimes I actually get excited for my hair to get a little dirty and mussed up so I have an excuse to style it with this.

And since we're on the love train here, the mini sizes of Gentle shampoo and Super Rich conditioner just might be my favorite travel size hair products...ever.

Bb. Shine is where things get a little hazy. This is one of the most lightweight shine sprays available; it gives hair a great finish without weighing it down or greasing it up. But the smell! The SMELL! Straight out of the can, Bb. Shine has an aroma of industrial bug spray that I just can't abide. It evaporates within seconds and doesn't linger in the hair, but the first blast is just so unpleasant (not enough, however, to keep me from frantically repurchasing every time I'm worried about running out).

But the Hair Powder? I bet I'm going to get tons of mail telling me, "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG," but I just can't get this product to work for me. The Blondish shade makes my roots look horribly dull and gross, no matter how vigorously I shake it out or brush it through. And I can't bear to touch my hair after I've applied it; for some reason it gives me a feeling I normally associate with fingernails on a chalkboard. This seems to be a product that's universally loved if you believe the magazines, but perhaps it's yet another case of what I'm now calling "the Great Lash effect."

Do you have a love/hate relationship with any favorite beauty brands? And what do you really think of that pesky hair powder? Post your thoughts in the comments!


Comments