Identity Crisis - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Identity Crisis

OK, friends, a clarification. Yes, I love makeup. Yes, I own entirely too much of it, so much that even if I never bought another cosmetic product in my entire life, I still wouldn't be able to finish off my current stash. But that's what being a beauty addict is all about, no?

Recently, though, it came to my attention from my darling mother that anyone who reads this blog and doesn't know me personally may end up with a bit of a distorted image of what I look like. Considering my obsession with cosmetics, I wouldn't be surprised if many of you think I'm a heavily painted monster. Let me assure you that despite all the makeup I own, I don't even wear that much...at least not all at once. I hope that when you read these posts, you aren't picturing that uh, lovely woman at left, Tammy Faye Bakker Messner. No spider eyes, scary brows, or Mommie Dearest mouth here.

Tomorrow I will post a picture of myself to prove to you all that despite my hideous collection of makeup, I am not a frightening, pan-caked, painted creature. That's only OK on Halloween, friends!


Comments