Despite it being Monday, I awoke in a good mood and decided to have some fun with my hair and make an attempt at some loose, flowing waves. This can be frightening; on past attempts I've ended up with everything from limp, flat hair to a wild, animal-like mane. This time, though, I was quite pleased with the results. Here's my recipe for cascading, Greek goddess-esque waves:
- Wash and condition that hair, you dirty girl.
- Apply some nice gooey treatment to keep your hair smooth and hydrated (I like Chi Keratin Mist and Silk Infusion). Then air dry, or blow dry lightly...just a little.
- Twist hair into 4 or 5 little buns, and secure with claw clips or whatever's handy. You will look like a deranged Princess Leia, but it's temporary.
- Now here's the trick: Mist your hair with Frederic Fekkai Wave Creating Spray. This pink liquid not only smells like grapefruit, it does wonders for your locks, creating waves that are soft and pretty. I promise that you won't look like a 1987 ad for Ogilvy Home Perm. However, DO use a light application; too much and your hair will start to get sticky!
- Eat breakfast, put on your makeup, read the paper, just do whatever you do. Leave the Princess Leia buns in until you're just about ready to leave the house.
- 1 minute before leaving for work/hot date, take out the buns and shake, shake, shake your hair like Tawny Kitaen in that Whitesnake video from the '80s (I've got the '80s on the brain today, I can't help it).
- Mist with a shine spray and you're done!