I Need To Tip the UPS Man - Beauty Addict

Friday, November 11, 2005

I Need To Tip the UPS Man

Christmas has arrived early in my neck of the woods; specifically, in my apartment. I've been taking repeated advantage of the free shipping, goodie bag, and gift with purchase offers on sephora.com and gloss.com, and the nice UPS man has visited me nearly every day this week. Too many new goodies to review at once! But, I'll start with one that's already become a staple in my makeup bag - the Stila Petite Coffret.

The Petite Coffret is a cute velvet box containing a limited edition eye shadow trio and a lipstick. I must admit, I am a complete sucker when it comes to Stila eyeshadow trios, especially the ones that come out around the holidays. There's just something about 3 perfectly matched eye shadows all packaged together in their little container. This one is in the cool family and contains Twilight (shimmering silver) as a base, Viola (silvery plum) for the crease, and Storm (deep slate, almost navy) for liner. I was surprised to see how well these colors worked together and created an effect that was pretty and winter-y but not too dramatic.

The set comes with a lipstick in Jo, a deep berry shade. I was skeptical of the lipstick at first (and readily admit that I ordered the set just for the eyeshadows). However, Jo goes on sheerer than it looks in the tube, and when combined with the eyeshadows, makes a great look for the holidays.

Chanel Glossimer in Pagoda would also look gorgeous with these eyeshadows. Although, I do tend to think that Pagoda looks good with nearly everything, so I'll leave that one up to you.


Comments