Why I Only Use Drugstore Brand Eyeliner - Beauty Addict

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Why I Only Use Drugstore Brand Eyeliner

In a previous post I've extolled the virtues of Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner (see The Eyes Have It). The color is great, it doesn't smudge, and it lasts. But most of all, it's cheap. And there's a reason I reach for it time and time again. I just can't seem to hold onto one for long.

Last night I was out celebrating the birthday of my lovely friend Liora (who, by the way, has an impressive MAC collection and is quite the beauty diva herself). On occasions like this, I tend to carry my essentials in a very tiny purse; the itty bitty Louis Vuitton I used last night is pictured at left. As you can imagine, should you have to root through such a Lilliputian purse for keys, money, or phone, things tend to shift around and fall out. Last night's casualty was yet another of my beloved Maybelline Unstoppable black eyeliners.

I was digging around for my Amex when I felt the eyeliner flip out of the bag and onto the floor. Someone had just broken a martini glass, so I wasn't about to get on my hands and knees and search for the eyeliner on a floor littered with glass shards. Oh well. Another one bites the dust.

I think I lose them at least monthly. In fact, I've never actually finished one; I lose them before I get the chance. They're so skinny that it's quite easy to lose track of them. I do keep some nicer eyeliners at home, but the cheapies are the only ones that come with me on days and evenings out. I just could not afford to lose an $18 Nars liner every weekend!


Comments