Angelina Fever Strikes Again - Beauty Addict

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Angelina Fever Strikes Again

Oh, lip plumpers. My own personal favorite science experiment. I've been writing about them since the inception of this blog, and I just can't shake the obsession. I like my lips just as they are, but I'm intrigued by the idea of fuller lips with a topical treatment, even though I know it's possible that years from now, we could be calling lip plumpers the new snake oil.


For now, it's just kinda fun to play with them. I have always considered the frontrunner to be LipFusion, and I've just discovered that its maker, Fusion Beauty, has a new formula up its sleeve - LipFusion XL.

You know I will be buying this as soon as I can get myself to a Sephora. It's part of my scientific mission. Ah, nevermind. I'll admit it. I am a sucker.

Here is a little bit of what Fusion Beauty has to say about its new launch:

"LipFusion XL is a non-injectable lip volumizing therapy that combines two times the pure active collagen of LipFusion's original plumpers with hyaluronic acid (HA), in one high-performance topical nighttime treatment. [...]

Designed to work in synergy with the body's natural water, lips get optimal lip enhancement from two intense naturally-occurring fillers in one powerful, pout-perfecting formulation: Patented dehydrated marine collagen-filling spheres(tm) penetrate skin's surface on contact, then seek out body's natural water, and rehydrate to instantly plump and smooth lips.

As we age, the amount of HA produced in the skin is significantly reduced. Patented dehydrated hyaluronic acid-filling spheres(tm) have a remarkable, sponge-like absorbency that captures the body's natural water, causing spheres to swell a dramatic 50 times larger for maximum hydration and long term plumping effects. Once LipFusion XL is applied, lips swell continually for hours to visibly "fill" lines, boost volume, and keep lips lusciously moist. Plumped pouts look and feel fuller, smoother, and full on sexier."
We shall see if it gives me Angelina-esque lips. I just hope I don't end up looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein.


Comments