Dream Christmas List: The Original Is Still The Best - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dream Christmas List: The Original Is Still The Best

Chanel Gardenia...heaven in a bottle! So elegant AND NOW I OWN ITI first discovered Chanel Gardenia in its limited-edition EdT version, and I knew immediately that it was for me. It's a beautifully constructed creamy white floral - a gorgeous mixture of jasmine, white flowers and vanilla - that's elegant and feminine without being old-fashioned. It doesn't smell too much like gardenia outright, which for me is part of its charm.

Gardenia is part of the Rue Cambon Collection, three gorgeous Chanel fragrances created by Ernest Beaux and Coco Chanel in the 1920s. For years, the parfum versions were available only at the Chanel boutiques in Paris, but they have now arrived here in the US, and the classic .5 oz flacons are available on gloss.com and in stores. This is why I think it is time for an upgrade. This is a fragrance I want to enjoy the way it was originally formulated, in its highest concentration, with all of its beautiful, feminine notes on full display. And there's just something special about that classic Chanel parfum bottle.

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine. (I know you know what movie that's from. Post it in the comments.)

Dream Christmas List archives are here.


Comments