Noses In The Air! Part 2 - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Noses In The Air! Part 2

Day 2 of the Sniffapalooza was no less a whirlwind than Day 1:

Bond No. 9 - This shop is such a treat. Owner Laurice Rahme was wonderfully gracious as usual, hosting us with a lovely brunch and a jazz duo (did anyone else think the sax player was hot?). We sampled from the lab bottles of Scent of Peace, Bond's new fragrance, due out next month. I swooned. Peace is quite different than the other Bonds, with a prominent cassis note, and I loved it. Best of all, part of the proceeds benefit UNICEF. My name is on the waiting list!

I took home a bottle of Fashion Avenue, confirming my theory that I will fall in love with anything with a mimosa note. I was informed by Laurice that a certain well-known fashionista favors Fashion Avenue. But I'm not telling!

Lafco NY - While browsing around the store, we were treated to exquisitely packaged samples of an exclusive Sniffapalooza fragrance created just for us by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi! Review coming. I also stocked up on Claus Porto soaps and candles.

L'Artisan - Such a tiny, tiny shop with so many treasures! Standouts: La Chasse aux Papillons and the new one, Mandarine. And of course, the champagne.

Le Labo - A side trip to Le Labo proved to be well worth the walk! Look for an upcoming post about these guys. Such a fun time in the store, and I came home with something new and exciting. Will write it up this week!

Aedes de Venustas - Such a gorgeous, European-looking little shop, and a perfect spot for the wind-down Sniffapalooza cocktail party. We sipped bellinis, played with the 2 adorable little dogs who belong to the proprietors, and sniffed the offerings from Serge Lutens, Diptyque, L'Artisan, Agraria, and more.

There were many purchases made that day, and many samples acquired, so look forward to some great reviews in the coming weeks! For more information, check out sniffapalooza.net.


Comments