That Long Weekend Glow - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

That Long Weekend Glow

Ah, the long weekend is over and now it's time to get back to work.

Hope all my readers in the US had a great Memorial Day weekend! The weather in New York was gorgeous and I enjoyed lots of laughs, food, wine, and shopping - the perfect weekend! Yesterday at Saks, I had a chance to sample Azuree, the new Tom Ford Estee Lauder collection, and I must say I am smitten.

The collection includes eyeshadows, lipsticks, lip gloss, face glow, eyeliner, nail polish, bronzer, face sheen, lip shine, highlighter, body glow, and body oil, all designed in a color palette that evokes lazy days in the Mediterranean sun.

The Tom says: "This is a collection for the woman whose fantasy takes her away to sexy, remote beaches."

Last time around, when The Tom introduced Youth Dew Amber Nude and its ancillary items, I admired the collection but scoffed at the weird marketing message and strange pretension that accompanied it. This time, though, I bow down in awe. I love the Azuree collection, and promptly purchased* the body oil spray which, while it doesn't replicate the original Azuree, smells faintly of gardenias, sand, and the ocean. Gorgeous!

Have you checked out the new collection yet? What do you think?

*Note: Unfortunately, I was forced to deal with one of the pushiest saleswomen I have ever encountered. I marched up to the counter and told her I was in the market for the Body Oil, but within seconds she was slathering one of my arms with the Glow, then the Oil, and attempting to book a makeup appointment for me next Thursday. AND she tried to get me to open a Saks charge even though I told her I already had one. For shame!


Comments