Release the Crease - Beauty Addict

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Release the Crease

One of the questions I'm most frequently asked - in the comments section, over email, by my friends - is how to keep eyeshadow from creasing. It seems that no matter how enthusiastically a company claims that its shadow doesn't crease, it inevitably will, and you'll end up with that telltale cakey, smushed mess on your eyelid.

The answer I always give when asked about this is simple: Urban Decay Primer Potion. I cannot say enough about this stuff - it's phenomenal, and I recommend it to everyone I know. It's a creamy nude eyelid primer that quickly dries to a near-colorless matte finish, creating the perfect canvas for that smokey eye. Spread a little on each eyelid, distribute it evenly, give it a few seconds to dry, and you're good to go.

The Primer Potion really helps eyeshadow "grab" onto your lids; in fact, the grab is so good that my only caveat when using this is to make sure you're careful with your subsequent eyeshadow application. You can still blend, but for the most part, once it's on, it's on!

I've put the Primer Potion to every test imaginable - sweat, humidity, all-nighters. I've even fallen asleep with my eye makeup on and awakened to lids that were, amazingly, still in perfect shape. It works especially well with those pesky cream eyeshadows that always seem to crease, no matter what you do. Primer Potion will put a stop to that!

This little miracle will only set you back $14, and it's a worthy investment if you've ever been plagued by eyeshadow that just doesn't want to behave.


Comments