If you were expecting a late night in the office, and had the choice of spending lunchtime at your desk with a Zone bar and a Diet Coke, or running up to Bergdorf Goodman to visit the BECCA counter, what would you do?
I, my friends, always choose Bergdorf's. Even if it means an even later night in the office. Recently I met with the fine people at BECCA to look at the gorgeous new holiday goodies and try out their famous foundations. I thought I only had time to look around, but makeup artist Shaun-Thomas managed to cajole me into the chair to try out some products.
The "Becca look" is very fresh and glowy, and the products Shaun-Thomas used on me did not disappoint. The rundown:
- Luminous Skin Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 25+ in Sand. Light and fresh and dewy.
- Compact Concealer in Praline. This concealer is a knockout! One side is medium coverage, and the other is extra coverage, so you can erase virtually any skin issue, from undereye circles to blemishes to discoloration.
- Lip & Cheek Creme in Petal. This is a bright peach creme blush, and Shaun-Thomas used it...under my eyes! I thought he was nuts ("um, Shaun, that is ORANGE") but when I saw the final result I was amazed. The peach hue neutralized the blue-purple circles under my eyes, and when topped with concealer it looked flawless.
- Lip & Cheek Creme in Rosebud. Now this one actually went on my cheeks! Shaun-Thomas applied it lightly with a brush and it looked fabulous.
- Fine Loose Finishing Powder in Eggshell. Very finely milled. Lovely.
- Pressed Bronzing Powder in Flamenco, after the loose powder, just on the areas where the sun would hit.
- Pressed Shimmer Powder in Princess, a light dusting on cheeks to finish off the look, making me wish I had somewhere more exciting to go than the office.
It was a lunch hour well-spent. And even though I worked until 11 that night, my makeup was still perfect when I finally shut down for the day!
More on the lovely Becca goodies this week, including the fab Mesmerise holiday set. Stay tuned!