You Can't Stop the Breaks, But You Can Break the Cycle - Beauty Addict

Thursday, January 04, 2007

You Can't Stop the Breaks, But You Can Break the Cycle

It is a truth universally acknowledged that no matter what shampoo, conditioner, serum, brush, scalp massager, vitamins, or special towel you use, hair still does fall out. Yep. At the rate of around 50-100 hairs per day, from what I understand, due to the normal growth cycle.

So while that may not be enough to wreck your hairstyle, it does leave you with the problem of those pesky little "wisps" popping up around your hairline and along your part, as the new hair grows back in. And in the dry winter air, they never seem to want to stay DOWN. I end up trying to smash them into submission with silicones and hair spray, which then leads to product overload, and greasy, sticky hair, and another washing, which leads to more hair loss, more wisps of different lengths...

It's a vicious cycle.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAnd finally, after years of failed attempts, I think I've broken it. I had long suspected that pomades were the key to taming those wily wisps, but most of the ones I tried were too waxy and left my hair stringy and weighed down after only a couple of hours. Then I discovered Sticky Rice Pomade from Cibu International, and I love it. It's creamy and matte, not greasy, and the tiniest smear of it keeps the wisps at bay all day long without turning my hair into a gross, dirty-looking mess.

And I use so little, the 4 oz. tub will probably last me the rest of my life.

$16.50 at cibuinternational.com


Comments