I have a feeling that being in this cast is going to lead the way to some interesting beauty discoveries. Two reasons: (1) losing the use of my right hand is going to force me to be creative, and (2) since I'm not working, I'm bored as hell.
I've already had a chance to play with some things I usually don't have time for...like hair extensions. Specifically, Hairdo from Ken Paves and Jessica Simpson. My ever-patient mom clipped in a set of 23" wavy extensions this morning and surprisingly, I LOVE the look. Might even wear them out to dinner tonight...my first major expedition since leaving the ER two nights ago.
So far, some funny observations on trying to stay pretty without the use of my dominant hand.
- I can't wash my hair. My mom (she of endless patience) washed it for me yesterday, in the sink, but this can't last. Tomorrow I'm getting it cut and highlighted, and after that, I think I'll just treat myself to a professional blowout every few days. 6 weeks of being totally spoiled? Don't think I'll have too much of a problem with that!
- Using a straightening iron without an extra hand to guide hair through the plates is no fun. I attempted to straighten out only the front sections and ended up looking like a scarecrow. Yet another reason for professional blowouts.
- Professional manis and pedis are also in order, although I think the first manicure might have to wait until I can straighten out the fingers of my right hand.
- So far I can manage tinted moisturizer, blush and lipgloss; tonight will be the big test for eye makeup. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with smears of Fatale all over my face.
- Now what am I going to do about my faux tans? I don't tan naturally, and I'll be damned if I have to spend the rest of the summer fishbelly white because of this stupid cast - especially with a closet full of self tanners just calling my name. I think I can do everything with my left hand, with the exception of my left arm, of course. Time to call in a favor from my good friend L. who lives around the corner, methinks.
- Typing with my left hand only is HARD.