We Can Rebuild Her - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

We Can Rebuild Her

Well, it looks like Tuesday I will be installed with a fab new accessory...a titanium plate!

As fractures like mine are wont to do, it has slipped out of position (even in the cast) putting me at a pretty high risk of carpal tunnel syndrome, arthitis, various other pains, and...maybe a visible deformity. Ew.

So on Tuesday Dr. Thomas Lyon will screw in a small plate to keep everything from moving around. I have exacted a promise from him that the scar will be small and neat.

Fortunately the surgery is outpatient, the cast will be gone, and I can start physical therapy almost immediately, so things should be back to normal pretty quickly.

On the beauty angle, I'm off to research the best ways to minimize and heal scars!


Comments