Holiday Scent Alert: Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond - Beauty Addict

Monday, October 15, 2007

Holiday Scent Alert: Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond

This weekend I got the chance to sniff Bond No. 9's latest scent, Andy Warhol Silver Factory, and I was immediately hooked. My nose stayed glued to the back of my hand all night!

Named for Warhol's iconic studio/headquarters - more simply known as The Factory - the scent is the first in a planned series of unisex fragrances created under an agreement with the Andy Warhol Foundation.

Bond always does amazing bottles, and this one doesn't disappoint. The front design is an ingenious recreation of one of Warhol's most famous Campbell Soup can silkscreens, and the metallic sides recall the foiled walls of the Silver Factory. And I love how Bond's iconic NYC subway token has been emblazoned with Andy's name.

Notes include bergamot, grapefruit, lavender, violet, incense, jasmine, iris, amber, wood resin and cedar. Silver Factory is smokey and incensey but doesn't have that "churchy" feel, and it manages to be both modern and evocative of a bygone era. It's so well done and I'm absolutely in love with it; I just can't wait to get my hands on my very own full-sized bottle!

Andy Warhol Silver Factory will be available December 1 and will retail at $230 for 3.4 oz of perfume concentrate.


Comments