Tom Ford for Men: That's the Smell of Desire, My Lady - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tom Ford for Men: That's the Smell of Desire, My Lady

After seeing the overly sexualized, 80's Hustler-style ads for Tom Ford for Men, the first thing I thought of was Paul Rudd's character in the movie Anchorman. Let us recall this little exchange:

Brian Fantana: I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.

Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.

Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

It seemed to me that Paul Rudd's Brian would be the type of guy who'd wear Tom Ford for Men. The ads suggest that it's going to be the dirtiest musk you could imagine. Like Sex Panther. So of course I had to get my hands on a bottle and investigate.

Turns out Tom Ford for Men is a classic men's fragrance that I found to be really well done and very wearable...for me. I had been planning on passing the bottle along to a lucky man (my cousin, ha ha) after a couple of test sprays, but now I don't really want to give it up. Now that the weather has cooled off, I'm loving the woods, violet leaf, and oakmoss in this scent. I actually prefer it over Black Orchid, which was doing some kind of weird pineapple thing on my skin.

That's not to say it isn't plenty masculine, though...I'd love to be stuck in an elevator with a guy wearing Tom Ford for Men. I've just been on a bit of a men's fragrance kick lately.

Notes include citrus, lemon leaf oil, mandarin zest, bergamot, basil, ginger, violet leaf, orange blossom, grapefruit blossom, tobacco leaf, black pepper, amber, cedar, patchouli, vetiver, oak moss, leatherwood and cypriol.

And now I'll sign off with another Anchorman reference:

"You stay classy, Tom Ford."


Comments