Because Skincare Isn't Only For Your Face - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Because Skincare Isn't Only For Your Face

A couple of weeks ago I was having a casual conversation with a co-worker about skincare and how we get so attached to certain products that we're unlikely to switch. Then she made an unusual comment that really struck a chord with me; her first thought when sifitng through gift-with-purchase or sample skincare items is:

"Great, one more thing to use on my feet."

I nearly spit wine through my nose, because I do the same thing! Whenever I'm looking at an excess of skincare products, especially scrubs and moisturizers, I end up using them on my feet. Sometimes I just can't bear to deal with the potential upheaval of what a new skincare product could to do my face (see this post), so on my toes it goes. And guess what? Anything with AHA or BHA does wonders for calluses and rough skin!

But recently I found something I liked so much that I actually ended up repurchasing it...for a permanent spot in my pedicure routine! Skin Effects by Dr. Jeffrey Dover Purifying Effects Deep-Cleaning Enzyme Scrub is fabulous, it's cheap, and it banished all my winter foot problems. A quick scrub every day or two seemed to keep rough skin at bay. And (ok, TMI alert), in the winter my poor toes peel from being cooped up in socks and shoes all day, but it hasn't happened at all since using this scrub (maybe because there's kaolin in it? I don't know).

Anyhow, I was so impressed with this product that I headed straight over to CVS and plunked down a big fat $5.99 for a replacement.

Are you a skincare-on-the-feet person too? (Honestly I thought I was the only one!) Do you repurpose products in other offbeat ways? Share your stories in the comments!


Comments