Loving the waves we saw all over the red carpet on Sunday night? Our friends at ghd have some tips for recreating these looks at home, no stylist necessary.
I'll start by saying that I LOVE the ghd ultimate hairspray, which is recommended for finishing some of these looks. It holds my hair in place without dulling it or making it feel crunchy, and it smells great.
The ghd IV styler is a styling iron with narrow 1" plates and a rounded body, making it suitable for curls and waves as well as straightening. I know many of you have had questions about how to curl hair with one of these, so the tips below are especially useful!
If you're in the market for a new "power tool" for your hair, you can pick up the ghd IV at folica.com or Sephora.
Eva Longoria Parker: Playful Pin Curls
- Spray damp hair with ghd thermal protector and blow dry
- Take a small section of hair, and starting at the root, hold the ghd IV styler vertically and gently clamp hair in between the plates. Then turn the styler 180° so the hair is twisted around part of the styler and slowly pull the styler through the hair to create a perfect curl (the technique is similar to curling ribbon with a pair of scissors. Move the styler slowly through the hair to create tighter curls like Eva’s
- Spray ghd ultimate hairspray for a non-sticky look that will last throughout the night
- Smooth on a little bit of ghd polishing serum through the curls to control flyaways and give a high-shine finish
- Apply ghd thermal protector to damp hair and blow dry
- To create loose waves, take a small section of hair, and starting at the root, hold the ghd IV styler vertically and gently clamp hair in between the plates. Then turn the styler 180° so the hair is twisted around part of the styler and pull the styler through the hair. Keep the pressure light (the plates shouldn’t be clamped down tightly on the hair) and move the styler quickly through the hair to form the loose waves
- Shake out the hair a bit using your fingers, then spray on ghd sea spray to give hair some texture and provide a long lasting hold
Ashley Tisdale: Va-va-volume!
- Apply ghd fat hair lotion throughout damp hair
- Spray on ghd uplift spray to roots and blow dry
- Use the ghd IV styler to curl the ends of hair away from the face
- To create more volume around the crown, tease the hair a bit and finish with ghd ultimate hairspray