More Spring goodness, this time from Clinique! If you're into matte shadows, you're going to love the Spring 2008 Nude Blush collection - it includes 3 NEW Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duos in fabulous matte shades.
Each duo houses a larger base shade with a smaller contour color, and there's not a hint of shimmer to be found. But unlike the matte shadows of yesteryear, they're smooth and natural, never chalky.
Now, matte shadows are a staple, but what about a little something special for Spring? I'm loving the dual-ended eyeliner pencils from this collection. Cream Shaper for Eyes adds just a touch of shimmer to lashlines and is available in 4 really stunning color combinations. Chocolate shimmer is a really sophisticated way to add a little sparkle to your life, and it's perfectly executed in these shades. Love!
There are also 4 new shades of Butter Shine Lipstick, 2 blush compacts, a face powder, and a brand new mascara. Lash Power Mascara is a relatively thin formula, but doesn't flake or clump. It provides great lash separation and is fab for creating a natural-but-noticeable lash look (if you want a more dramatic look, wait a few seconds between coats). It's also remarkably glossy, like many of Clinique's mascaras. Note: This review has been added to the Encyclopedia of Mascara, check it out if you've never seen it!
The Nude Blush collection is available now online and is scheduled to hit counters in February. Full details on all the shades:
- NEW Blended Face Powder and Brush in Invisible Blend
- NEW Lash Power Mascara in Black Onyx
- NEW Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo Stay Matte in Splash, Chocolate Kiss, Pink Slate and Butter Pecan
- Cream Shaper for Eyes in limited edition Brown Sugar/Cream Lustre, Chocolate Lustre/Cocoa Shimmer, Mink/Sable, and Egyptian/Brightening Gold
- Colour Surge Butter Shine Lipstick in limited edition Nude Blush, Deep Bloom, Spring Rose, and Fresh Rose
- Blushing Blush Powder Blush in limited edition Bare Nudes and Bare Pinks