What's Your Secret, Kathy Hilton? - Beauty Addict

Monday, January 28, 2008

What's Your Secret, Kathy Hilton?

Behold a bizarre extension of the "famous for being famous" phenomenon. Kathy Hilton, who is famous for marrying into hotel royalty and of course, being the mother of Paris, has launched a signature fragrance.

Kathy Hilton My Secret is available at Macy's, where a 1.7 oz bottle is $52. My Secret's notes include mandarin, white freesia, peony, rose, star jasmine, apricot leaf, sandalwood, vanilla musk and gilded amber.

The bottle is rather juvenile, and the logo looks like the monogram on a hotel soap (kinda like the Waldorf Astoria, which is a Hilton hotel, hmmm. But cheesier.). I can't figure out who they're targeting with this one; someone like my mom, who's around Kathy's age, wouldn't be caught dead with this bottle on her shelf. But young girls who might like the bottle probably don't give a hoot about Kathy Hilton. What gives?

I'm inclined to snark about this fragrance, especially after reading a press release that calls Kathy "synonymous with elegance and sophistication," but I'm in too good a mood to do it. So, I'll leave it to you.


Comments