The Elusive Holy Grail of SPF Lip Glosses Rides Again - Beauty Addict

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Elusive Holy Grail of SPF Lip Glosses Rides Again

Lancome Soleil Icy Tubes Ultra Shiny Cooling Lip Gloss SPF15Longtime readers will know about my undying obsession with a certain Lancome lipgloss not available in the US. Lancome Soleil Icy Tubes Ultra Shiny Cooling Lip Gloss with SPF 15 has been my ultimate Holy Grail SPF lip product for years now. No matter what else I try, I always come back to this. It smells like a ripe peach, is as shiny as your favorite Juicy Tube, and provides broad spectrum protection with Mexoryl. AND...as if you need an AND...it never makes my lips peel, a problem I've had with many other SPF lip products.

Over the past few years, every time I was in Europe I'd stop by the airport duty-free shop and pick up two or three tubes. Thanks to the stockpiling, at least one tube resides in every beach bag and summer purse that I own. That is LOVE, people.

I recently suspected that this beloved product had been discontinued, but lo, it lives! My friends at Lancome (specifically, the fabulous and amazing Kerry Diamond) have informed me that it has simply been reincarnated in new packaging with a new name. It's now simply Lancome Soleil Protective Lip Gloss, and the new tube is slightly different. The scent, shine, and protection are still the same, though.

If you live in Europe you're lucky enough to be able to snag this fab lip gloss at any Lancome counter. If you're in the US or Canada, call your European friends, or plan to stockpile on your next trip overseas! Seriously, with all the products I try these days, loyalty is a bit of an issue for me...but I've been faithful to the Soleil lip gloss for nearly three years now. It is the BEST.


Comments