The Workhorse Eyeshadow - Beauty Addict

Friday, July 11, 2008

The Workhorse Eyeshadow

I've been trying to work MAC Copperplate into a post for some time now. Hmmm...unsung heroes? Underappreciated beauty products that get no love? Nah. I think it deserves a post of its very own.

Copperplate is one of my all time favorite shadows. It was part of the Matte2 collection, and boy am I glad those colors joined the permanent roster, because I've just hit pan on mine.

Copperplate is described as "muted mid-tone grey" on the MAC site, and I suppose that's accurate, but there's something special about it. I know, I know, it looks totally blah and boring in the pic (it's actually lighter in person), and if I saw it in the store I'd probably pass it right by. But I think what makes it special is that it's a warm grey. Grey shadows are versatile and flattering, but the wrong ones can end up looking dirty or dead.

Not so with Copperplate, my dears. You can build it and build it and it never looks dirty. It's definitely dusty, but not dirty, if that makes any sense. It has a lovely texture, blends well, and can be adapted to nearly any occasion.

Since it's matte and soft, it's a perfect daytime/work shade. And if you add another layer or two, it's IDEAL for creating a work-safe smokey eye. For evening, you can intensify it with lots of darker shades -- it plays well with black, brown, even plum. I used quite a bit of it for my maid of honor look at T's wedding back in April, and with some Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath it stayed put it all day and night and looked FAB.

So, MAC Copperplate, I salute you. You're officially the hardest working shadow in my makeup bag!

What's your everyday workhorse eyeshadow?


Comments