Embrace the Vibrance of the Divine Breeze - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Embrace the Vibrance of the Divine Breeze

Yesterday I walked into a local Duane Reade to pick up some razor blade refills (AND I was on the hunt for the new issue of People with the pictures of the Jolie-Pitt Twin Messiahs, but no luck there).

As with many a drugstore, the blades were stored behind the counter, so I had to ask the checkout girl to grab them for me. I peered over at the selections.

And then my mind totally blanked. Which razor did I have? (A quick mental tally revealed that I had FOUR varieties of the Gillette Venus razor at home, ridiculous!) More importantly, which one did I want to refill?

There were refills available for the Original Venus, the Divine, the Breeze, the Embrace, and the Vibrance. I started pointing at the Vibrance refills -- "I'll take those, the Vibrance, the pink ones, well, they're sort of pink and orange..."

As the checkout girl laughed and reached for the refills, I got to thinking about what really differentiates these razors. The Breeze comes with attached shave gel bars (I HATED this one), the Embrace has 5 blades and a wider head with more "moisture strips," but what's with the other ones? Sure, the body of the Vibrance is battery operated and helps exfoliate your legs, but I think the blades themselves are no different from the Divine blades or those for the original Venus. Is it just the color?

And...if I like the Vibrance body but the Embrace blades, I could probably just attach those and get the 5 blades PLUS the exfoliating vibrations.

I walked out of that Duane Reade totally confused and bewildered. About RAZORS.

What about you? Do you think the razor market is becoming oversaturated, or do you love the variety?