Reason #1 to pick up this limited edition set from Bare Escentuals? The lip gloss. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Ruby is absolutely stunning, and only available in the Ruby Collection.
It's a gorgeous ruby shade, red with the edge taken off, all the juicy saturation of a berry but with none of the severe brightness. Whatever you want to call it, it's gorgeous. It's laced with the finest warm gold pearl shimmer, making it festive and glowing without being garish or overly sparkly.
It's like a liquid jewel for your lips.
Oh, and the rest of the set? Totally worth it! Ruby Radiance All-Over Face Color is lovely, and it really isn't as bright as it appears in the picture here. A very light wash would work as an all-over face highlighter, or use a little more to top off blush. I love the golden gleam in it; it reminds me of my beloved BECCA Pressed Shimmer Powder in Gypsy.
And I normally despise loose powder eyeshadows, but I'll deal with them here to just to get that aforementioned lippie. The colors are quite pretty and are a bit more neutral than they appear here. The Wild Ruby Liner Shadow is especially nice; it's a dark plummy brown that would be gorgeous applied wet.
The only stinker in the collection is the mascara; one half is regular old Bare Escentuals mascara, which I don't like, and the other is some sort of copper glittery lash topper. I could stand to live without that crappe.
Overall, though, for $54? Hard to go wrong considering everything you're getting. Here's the full list of included items:
- bareMinerals Ruby Radiance All-Over Face Color (pink rose)
- bareMinerals Golden Ruby Eye Color (peach gold)
- bareMinerals Vintage Ruby Eye Color (rose fawn)
- bareMinerals Wild Ruby Liner Shadow (plum chocolate)
- Double-Ended Classic Black Mascara & Ruby Beautifully Luminous Lashes
- Ruby Buxom Big & Healthy Full Color Lip Polish (jeweled mauve)
- Soft Sweep Cheek Brush with custom handle
- Double-Ended Tapered Shadow & Eyeliner Brush with custom handle
- Faux-crocodile Ruby Clutch