Mascara Blitz: Estee Lauder TurboLash - Beauty Addict

Monday, November 17, 2008

Mascara Blitz: Estee Lauder TurboLash

OK, first things first: I LOVE this mascara.

Estee Lauder TurboLash All Effects Motion Mascara, along with Lancome Oscillation, marked the dawning of a new day in the world of mascara. These mascaras are movers and shakers...literally. Both TurboLash and Oscillation use vibrating wands (that sounds rather dirty, doesn't it?) to banish clumps and deposit more color on your lashes.

TurboLash ($32) starts buzzing the moment you twist the wand out of the tube, and shuts off automatically when you re-cap it. It takes a while to get used to the zingy feeling in your hand, but the vibrations won't impede your control of the wand; it's more of a constant, low-level buzz.

The brush is long, fatter at the bottom and tapered at the head, like a Christmas tree. I positioned it as close to my lashline as possible, wiggled just a tiny bit, and then blinked while I moved the wand upward through my lashes ("blinking on" my mascara is by far my favorite technique).

Coat after coat after coat, not one clump or smear dared appear on my lashes. They stayed perfectly separated and defined, with lots of volume and "fatness," especially at the base, where lots of deep black color had been deposited. And they stayed that way for 14 hours, until only the tiniest of flakes materialized on my undereye area. Pretty impressive!

I'm a tough customer when it comes to mascara, and I had my qualms about gimmicks with this one, but it has won me over fair and square. I'm sold on everything -- the formula, the brush, the vibrating wand!

Have you tried TurboLash yet? How about Oscillation? Share your thoughts in the comments!


Comments