Darphin Lip Balm: That Spa Smell, This Time for Your Lips - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Darphin Lip Balm: That Spa Smell, This Time for Your Lips

Like Laura Geller, Darphin is a brand I've known of for quite some time, but never got around to trying. My introduction to the line was the Age-Defying Lip Balm, which combats dryness and the appearance of vertical lip lines thanks to a blend of peptides, rosemary and sunflower oils, kokum and mango butter, and argan oil.

At $40, it is by far the most expensive lip balm I've ever used. I'm not going to try to tell you that it has some miraculous properties that make it worth the price. In fact, I can't really comment on the anti-aging properties since my lips don't have any "vertical lip lines" to speak of at the moment. And I think the price is downright ridiculous!

But the thing is...it smells GREAT. This Darphin lip balm has that delicious spa smell we talked about a couple of weeks ago, layered with creamy vanilla and woody cedar. OK, actually it's cedar, orange and gaiac wood essential oil, but to me it shall be known as...Spa Vanilla!

Plus, it feels smooth and cushy, not sticky or greasy in the least, and it has a soft satin finish.

If you're lucky enough to have some cash to burn, this Darphin lip balm is a worthy indulgence. It really is quite luxurious, and I've become completely addicted to the scent. Will I be rushing out to refill when my little pot is gone? I think not -- unless it goes on sale -- but I'll be enjoying every bit of it while it lasts.


Comments