Pearls seem to be the thing this holiday season, showing up in Guerlain's holiday collection, and now Givenchy's. Les Perles is all about "iridescent reflections, soft tones and a radiant colour universe that explores the evocative elegance of grey and the feminine sensuality of pink." As a big fan of pearls myself (I like to layer strands of different shades from Honora along with my graduation present "good pearls"), I'm really liking this collection. How about you?
The star product is Le Prisme Perles, Givenchy's classic 4-pan compact, this time with shades of pearlescent pink, gold, white-silver and dark grey, in special satin packaging. This little eye palette is so beautiful to look at! However, 3 of the 4 shades are VERY pale, so be careful not to overapply, or you'll wash yourself out. Best to pick only one of them and use it as a highlight shade, or, be creative and use them as face and body highlighters.
Full details on the collection:
- Les Prisme Perles ($51.50) limited edition eyeshadow quartet in grey, pink, white and gold, packaged in a black satin case
- Le Prisme Visage limited edition quartet of compact powders in Beige Mousseline
- Le Prismissime Visage limited edition nine colour face powder in Light Silk
- Mister Bright ($32) Touch of light highlighting pen in Moonlight
- Phenomen’Eyes Effet Extension ($28) Lengthening, Quick Drying, High-precision Mascara in Extension Black
- Gloss Interdit ($24.50) limited edition in Tender Pearl and Elegant Pearl
- Rouge Interdit Shine ($27) limited edition in Pearl Shine
- Vernis Please ($15) limited edition nail colours in Tender Pearl and Elegant Pearl
- Parad’Eyes Liner ($27) Limited Edition Liquid Eyeliner in Tender Pearl and Elegant Pearl