Just Desserts: Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just Desserts: Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache

I swung by Neiman Marcus recently to have a sniff of a few new scents, and to try out Laura Mercier's latest bath & body collection, Creme de Pistache.

Friends, I just COULD NOT WAIT to tell you how awesome the new scent is.

I opened the jar of body creme and the sales associate immediately swept over, scooping out a dab of the product and depositing it on my arm. Within 5 seconds, I knew I needed a second dose. I was hooked.

Creme de Pistache smells like the most decadent pistachio ice cream - it has the sweetness of almond, but it's creamier and not quite as sweet. In total, you'll detect a little praline, a little almond, a little cream, a little hazelnut - and of course, the delicate aroma that's unmistakably pistachio.

In all honesty, I never thought I'd go for a pistachio-scented body product, but this is absolutely delicious, and I couldn't stop smelling my arm all night. I love all the Laura Mercier bath and body scents, but I really think this new one is the best.

The Souffle Body Creme is rich and luxurious, and the scent really lingers. The morning after testing it, I could still detect a trace of it on my arm.

Creme de Pistache is also available in Laura Mercier's iconic Honey Bath formulation, and in a Body Scrub that uses crushed pistachio shells for exfoliation. You can also score the Souffle Body Creme in mini size, along with Almond Coconut Milk and Creme Brulee, in a $50 sampler set - an absolutely perfect holiday gift!


Comments