VS Secret Moments...Shhh, Still a Secret - Beauty Addict

Thursday, October 08, 2009

VS Secret Moments...Shhh, Still a Secret

I've posted a couple of tirades in the past about the declining quality, and increasing juvenility, of Victoria's Secret bath and body items. I detested the new PINK line and could do without Beauty Rush, while old favorites seemed to be disappearing.

But a couple of weeks ago I strolled into a Victoria's Secret store and was pleasantly surprised by an entire table of new beauty goodies that I actually liked! And I might actually be the first to tell you about them, since they're not yet on the VS website. The new Secret Moments line has some surprisingly light, subtle scents that are less in-your-face fruity floral than many of the previous offerings. And a couple of them are real gems.

The first is Island Escape, a "beachy coconut and sugarcane" mix that smells, unsurprisingly, like the beach. Honestly, I thought this one was going to be cloying and horrible, but the more I sniffed, the more I liked. The body products are perfect to layer with one of my favorite luxe beach scents, Creed Virgin Island Water.

My other favorite from the line is Good Day Sunshine, a sunny blend of "bright peach and blue freesia." I'll be damned if this doesn't smell exactly like warm summer sunshine. I picked up the body spray and have been spritzing it on my skin, clothes, hair, even my sheets. I can't get enough of it.

And the packaging is adorable; it's simple and clean with pretty, subtle graphics (click the photo to enlarge and get a better look). The Island Escape has a silhouette of a tiny little seahorse on the bottle. I'm a sucker for miniature animals, so I was sold right there.

The line includes several other fragrances, including Under the Covers, Caught in the Rain, Barefoot in the Park, Room 405, Girls' Night Out, and At First Sight. I can't list the descriptions for you just yet -- I just can't remember all of them, and there seems to be no evidence of Secret Moments anywhere on the web! For now, you'll have to go into your local VS and smell for yourself; you won't be disappointed. Check 'em out - each new scent is available in body lotion, body cream, shower gel, and fragrance mist.


Comments