Satin Hands, Courtesy of the Pink Cadillac - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Satin Hands, Courtesy of the Pink Cadillac

So. Let's talk about Mary Kay. I've gotten lots of earnest emails over the years from enthusiastic Mary Kay reps, offering to send me products or hoping I'll mention Mary Kay (and their name) on the blog. Generally, I politely decline, for two reasons:

1. I just can't support some of Mary Kay's sales tactics. Mary Kay is multi-level marketing at its worst, and often leaves its reps worse off than when they started, with closets full of product that they can't move. Check out the comments on this post I wrote a while back, or visit Pink Truth for some eye-opening stories.

2. It really wouldn't be fair to endorse a product and funnel the sales to one MK rep, when I've had dozens of them contact me over the years.

That said, there is one Mary Kay item that is absolutely fabulous and deserves a mention. Buy it from a Mary Kay rep (everyone knows at least one, so I won't be partial to a particular rep here) or order directly from the website.

It's the Satin Hands Pampering Set, and it's one of my all-time favorite little beauty rituals. This three-step kit truly leaves you with amazingly soft, smooth hands. I love it for feet, too!

Start with a dab of the Extra Emollient Night Cream, rub it in, and then add a couple of pumps of the Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub. The thickness of the night cream seems to give the scrub some extra "grab," doing away with all your dead skin, dry patches, and gnarly cuticles (ew). And honestly, it just feels good. I usually spend a good minute or more massaging the scrub/cream combo into my hands.

Then rinse, and marvel at your newly super-soft paws. Finish up with a dollop of the Hand Cream to seal in the smoothness and keep your hands soft and moisturized all day.

Not only is this set a delicious everyday indulgence, it's an absolute must-have for occasions where your hands take center stage. Think first dates, job interviews, weddings, and those first days after you get engaged, when everyone is grabbing your hand to see your newly-acquired diamond. Dry knuckles and ragged cuticles will most assuredly not compliment that gorgeous Tiffany setting, my loves.


Comments