Five for Friday: Fragrances from the Depths of the Beauty Closet... - Beauty Addict

Friday, July 30, 2010

Five for Friday: Fragrances from the Depths of the Beauty Closet...



I was cleaning out my perfume cabinet a couple of weeks ago, and while I found some REALLY old relics that were just destined for the trash (i.e., an ancient bottle of Fiorucci from junior year of college), I did rediscover some old favorites that had somehow fallen by the wayside. Below, check out the lucky scents that have made their way back into the rotation. What old favorite beauty products have you rediscovered lately?

Stila Creme Bouquet. Miraculously, my very old bottle of this creamy vanilla amber was pretty well-preserved, so it lives to see another spray. These days, it only comes in the form of Hair Refresher on Stila's website, but you can still track down a bottle of the eau de parfum from various etailers.

Bvlgari BLV Notte. A bit of a dark horse in the Bvlgari lineup, BLV Notte has never been as popular as its cousins Omnia and Green Tea. Still, I adore it nonetheless. The opening is a little bit boozy, and indeed, vodka is listed as one of the top notes. That's enough to make me fall in love right there, Chelsea Handler style.

CLEAN Winter. One of my favorites from the sometimes-spotty CLEAN line, Winter is dry, crisp, cool, and just a touch spicy. Reminds me of that first crisp breath of air on a clear winter day...or snowflakes on your tongue. Unfortunately, this was a 2008/09 limited edition, and I can't seem to track it down on any discount sites. Guess when my bottle's gone, it's gone for good...unless Winter makes a return when the temps drop.

Bobbi Brown Almost Bare. Effortless, wearable...how could I forget about this one? Almost Bare is like clean laundry + clean sheets + freshly washed hair, but somehow manages not to smell too soapy. It's a rare "non-perfume" that doesn't smell like lemons, soap, or some bizarro synthetic concoction. Perfect for daytime and before bed. Now that I've rediscovered it, I've gone through half the bottle.

Gucci Eau de Parfum II. Another "runt of the litter" that never seemed to be as successful as its powerhouse siblings, Eau de Parfum II is an interesting mix of citrus, berries and florals with a drydown that's reminiscent of pine and cedar. Very comforting in the winter, and perfect to wear to a holiday party; it's bright and feminine, but has this warm, festive, cozy touch. I'll be hanging on to the last drops in my bottle until December.


Comments