So...season 4 of Mad Men premiered Sunday night, and I think Twitter almost exploded. Between True Blood, Mad Men, and Entourage, it was a pretty epic night of TV (although this last episode True Blood was severely lacking in Alcide screentime).
Personally, having missed the first seasons of Mad Men, I'm saving myself for a few weekend DVD marathons to get caught up, kinda like what I've been doing with Weeds (which I LOVE).
Anyhow, Betty Draper, I mean January Jones, arrived at the NYC premiere sporting a Grecian-inspired updo created by Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin, and here's the how-to:
- Starting with damp hair, saturate strands from root to tip with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray.
- Tousle hair with fingers while blow-drying to work in volume to maintain a look of “yesterday” texture.
- Once dry, run hands through hair while spraying Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper throughout for added texture and hold.
- Randomly select pieces to set with a curling iron for another dousing of texture.
- Section off hair starting at the top slightly to the right of center.
- With each section, apply a dab of Sebastian Professional Matte Putty and twist the hair from front to nape making sure to keep a random, textured effect.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 across the whole head, securing each section with clear Blax bands and bobby pins.
- Massage the hair over the whole head, pulling slightly, for a disheveled finish with a modern twist.