More Scrublet Action: L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

More Scrublet Action: L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser

On the heels of my recent escapades (and love affair) with L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Exfoliating Scrub, I grabbed another cleanser from the line to try out. This one is the Deep Cream Cleanser, the opaque white one with the pink scrublet.

And unfortunately, my results with this one just weren't as good. The cleanser feels great on skin at first, but I got just a touch too close to my eye, and...O.M.G. Fire. FIRE. After rinsing, and flushing my wincing eyes several times with cool water, I checked the ingredient list, and there is was: Menthol. This is responsible for the "refreshing tingle" that the cleanser promises, but it's also incredibly irritating to eyes, and if you have sensitive skin, it's probably a good idea to skip this cleanser entirely.

And trust me, this wasn't the gentle cooling feeling of Noxzema; my eyes were in legitimate burning pain and stayed red for 15 minutes after using. If you do use the Deep Cream Cleanser, do NOT let it get near your eyes or the surrounding delicate skin.

I also made the apparent mistake of using it with my Clarisonic skincare brush after a couple of test runs with the scrublet (which I still love). This cleanser, combined with the whirling action of the Clarisonic, was just too much for my skin to handle, and I ended up with tiny irritated bumps on my chin and jawline. (And for the record, I've never had an issue like this in 18 months of using the Clarisonic).

So, I'll be skipping this one and sticking with the Deep Exfoliating Scrub. It's funny to me that the "exfoliating scrub" is gentler than the "cream cleanser," but I have a feeling that if L'Oreal simply removed the menthol, this wouldn't even be an issue.


Comments