Yankee Candle Home Classics - Beauty Addict

Friday, August 06, 2010

Yankee Candle Home Classics

I never really took much notice of the Yankee Candle Home Classics line at Target (what's the point when you can just go to Yankee Candle?). But now, spending half my time in a place that doesn't have Yankee Candle...well, you always want what you can't have, right? So, I decided it was high time to take a look at the Target offerings.

The pricing is close to the original Yankee line ($25 for the large jar candles), and so is the strength and "throw" of the candles, but the scent lineup is different. I gave most of them a sniff; a few (Coastal Breeze and Vanilla Berry come to mind) were just too strong and cloying for me, and honestly, compared to original Yankee Candle, I found very few that I liked.

Two that I loved, though, and that matched nicely with our hot-weather home, were Beach Party and Island Getaway.

Beach Party is reminiscent of Yankee Candle Sun & Sand, and in the fragrance world, Michael by Michael Kors, but a little sweeter. Tuberose gives it that beachy, suntan lotion effect. Loving it as a candle for the living room.

Island Getaway, as you'd probably guess by the name and the color, is more aquatic and fresh. I picked up a pretty reed diffuser in this scent, and I'm loving the staying power and the unobtrusive, simple design. Of course, the Island Getaway reed diffuser isn't available on Target.com, but you'd probably be able to find it pretty easily in-store.

Have you tried anything from the Home Classics line? How do you think it compares with original Yankee Candle?


Comments