When Conditioners Don't Meet Their Match - Beauty Addict

Friday, April 25, 2008

When Conditioners Don't Meet Their Match

Darlings, it's been far too long! I know I had promised to be back and blogging away last Monday, but the workweek ATTACKED rather fiercely. I usually have posts saved for this type of occasion but in all honesty, things got so busy that I ran out. Finally, it's Friday and I'll have a chance to pump out some fun new content. Bring on the weekend!

Thought for the day: shampoo/conditioner pairings. Why is it that some of the best shampoos have matching conditioners that are nothing short of awful?

I love Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo, especially in the summer when that mintiness is so refreshing. But the conditioner? The first time I tried it, I thought someone had played a trick on me and replaced the contents with good old Elmer's Glue. Seriously! The Rosemary Mint conditioner has the consistency of everyone's favorite white school glue, and even has a faint gluey aroma. Though it was thin and slightly runny, I still couldn't manage to get all of it out of my hair, leaving a dull film that weighed down my locks.

The other offender on my list? Redken All Soft. The shampoo is fabulous, and it smells great. The conditioner, on the other hand, has a bizarrely strong alcohol smell, certainly not something I find desirable in a conditioner. And it does absolutely nothing for my hair. I used the last of my bottle today to shave my legs and won't be buying it again.

The thing is, I like my shampoo and conditioner to match, so having to sub out the conditioners drives me slightly batty. I blame this on my mother, who instructed me in the ways of matching in the first place. That's the answer to everything, right? Blame Mom!

What about you? Ever love one and hate the other? And as for the matching, tell me...


Comments