New Collection: MAC Neo Sci-Fi - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Collection: MAC Neo Sci-Fi

OK, here we go! By reader request, I'll be posting information on new collections and color stories going forward. A whopping 80% of you voted to keep this feature around, so enjoy. The other 20%...well, just scroll down and skip it, I'll make sure there's plenty of new content for you!

To get started, we have quite a bit of catching up to do with new MAC collections. The first is Neo Sci-Fi, a combination of superbright shades and neutral fleshtones. I can't say I'm a fan of the limited-edition orange packaging, though - I'm a MAC purist and prefer the original black packaging.

So, far the one standout from this collection is Pink Grapefruit lipglass. This was a limited edition item in last year's holiday collection, and I was sad to see it disappear come January. It's far more orange than it appears in the picture, but it's still sheer and wearable - an excellent shade for hot summer nights.

Neo Sci-Fi is available right now and I'll be testing a few items from the collection within the next few days, so I should have more details soon. Enjoy!


Sci-Fi-Deity Burnt red with gold pearl (frost)
Pleasureseeker Creamy peach (glaze)
Astral Midtone brown with red pearl (lustre)
Electro Bright orange (lustre)
Sunsonic White gold (frost)


Supreme Bronzed brown with white pearl (frost)
Naked Space Creamy midtone nude peach frost)
Pink Grapefruit Orange with gold pearl (frost)
Soft & Slow Midtone creamy plum (frost)


Magnetic Fields Black brown with silver pearl (veluxe pearl)
Femme-Fi Frosty golden cream (veluxe pearl)
Evening Aura Frosty golden peach (veluxe pearl)
Time & Space Frosty copper (frost)
Expensive Pink Pink with gold duochrome (veluxe pearl)

Cremestick Liner

80% Deep, deep cocoa
Buerre Dirtied plum
Summerfruit Pale coral

Sheertone Shimmer Blush

Spaced Out Shimmery peach
X-Rocks Shimmery dirty mauve

Nail Lacquer

Metalist Neutral coppertone with white pearl (frost)
Plasma Blu Turquoise blue with mathematic white pearl (frost)
Neon 8 Bright orange with matching pearl (frost)
Phosphor Bumble bee yellow (frost)