Fragrance Nostalgia at the Gap: Heaven and Dream are Back! - Beauty Addict

Friday, June 19, 2009

Fragrance Nostalgia at the Gap: Heaven and Dream are Back!

Earlier this week I was at a half-day meeting that thankfully ended with cocktails (woo!). But standing around with a glass of wine for two hours KILLED my feet, friends. My penchant for towering heels had taken its toll in the worst way. Damn you, Christian Louboutin.

Having departed the cocktail party, I realized I wouldn't even be able to make it out of the building without collapsing from the pain.

I ducked into the nearest store, which happened to be the Gap, and breathed a sigh of relief when I spotted a wall fully stocked with Havaianas (yes! Havaianas at the Gap!). New flip-flops in hand, I hastily approached the register and pulled out my wallet...and then...

Then I saw it.

A small display of items I hadn't seen in years. Ones I loved and adored during my elementary/high school days. Ones all the cool girls wore. Ones that all the boys loved to smell on their high school sweeties.

That's right, friends...HEAVEN and DREAM have returned.

Spotting these two throwback GapScents brought on a serious case of nostalgia. Back in the day, I loved them so much that I held on to a tiny vial of each, long after I'd stopped wearing them. They just marked a certain period of my life, and every once in a while I'd take a sniff and relive all those old memories...school dances, summer jobs, dorky group dates.

About a year ago I started seeking out a fresh supply, but they were nowhere to be found. Every once in a while I'd stop by the Gap or check the website, just to see if they might be on the shelves again. And finally, this week, it happened!

I snapped up the large bottles of body mist in Heaven and Dream (not available online, but they're in stores, promise). There's also Dream More, Grass, and So Pink, if those strike your fancy.

Which scents bring back memories for you? And...any of you out there feel the same way about Heaven and/or Dream?


Comments