Five for Friday: Lavender-Scented Beauty Products - Beauty Addict

Friday, August 06, 2010

Five for Friday: Lavender-Scented Beauty Products

If there's any scent that helps me de-stress after a long work week, it's lavender. In fact, I may get a jump on things and start running a Waving Not Drowning bath right this minute. Below, check out five of my favorite lavender-scented beauty goodies. What are your favorites?

C.O. Bigelow Lavender Peppermint Shampoo. I first tried this most excellent shampoo two years ago at the Soho Grand. It's a delicious twist on the herbal-mint combo -- think Aveda Rosemary Mint -- and it's simultaneously relaxing and refreshing. Unfortunately, Bigelow only sells it (and its coordinating conditioner) in the 2 oz size. If you're not already overwhelmed with hotel-size goodies, consider picking up a few for your next weekend or overnight trip.

Kate Somerville Daily Gentle Wash. This is one of my FAVORITE face washes. It's gentle, effective but not drying, and smells incredible. It's a gel formula with just the right amount of lather (i.e., not so much as to create a sudsfest on your face and dry your skin out something fierce).

Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Hand Cream in Lavender Chamomile. I eschew the more popular combo of Lavender Vanilla for this intriguing version. The Lavender Chamomile is softer, more calming, and well, frankly, I just like it better. I always keep a tube of this at my desk; not only is it a great hand cream (tres moisturizing), I like to think it helps keep stress at bay, too.

L'Occitane Lavender Hand Wash. Along with the (sadly, no longer available) Olive hand wash, this is one of my favorites from L'Occitane. Smells expensive, looks pretty, and cleanses hands without drying them out. One of those items that's nice to have out in the bathroom when your mother-in-law visits.

LUSH Waving Not Drowning Bath Bomb. My favorite remedy for jet lag, insomnia, and utter exhaustion! Throw this little bomb in the bath to fill your bathroom with the scent of lavender, ylang ylang and fennel. A most glorious sleep is surely soon to follow. Happy Friday!


Comments