Beauty on the Road: Munich - Beauty Addict

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Beauty on the Road: Munich

It is snowing here in Munich (snow in April! Can you believe it?), but so far the trip has been great. Munich is a beautiful city and I wish I had more time to explore! I love the old world quality of European cities; it's such a welcome change from the "grid" layout of NYC.

Today I darted across the street through the snow, to pick up some pain reliever for a coworker. The pharmacies in Europe are quite different than the RiteAids, Sav-ons, and CVSs that we're used to in the US. Euro pharmacies are smaller and tend to be well-stocked with a small but grand collection of cosmetics and skin care. My eyes began to turn to a wall that was chock full of Weleda and Biotherm, but I resisted. I was with 2 of my German (male) coworkers, whom I had just met this week. They would not understand the obsession...yet. Wait until they get to know me better.

I will try to visit the pharmacy again tomorrow to check out the wares.

In other international news, reader Lisa has asked for a list of online retailers that ship internationally. This is what I came up with. If you know of any others, please post them in the comments.


Comments