Ooh La Lancome! - Beauty Addict

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ooh La Lancome!

How can a summer night get any better when it's filled with good weather, good company, good champagne, good conversation...and good makeup?

Tuesday evening was just gorgeous and I was lucky enough to spend it at the opening party for the new Lancome store on 69th and Columbus. Here we are with Sarah Stocker, my Lancome PR hero who splashed my Fatale review all over Lancome subscribers' inboxes. From left, myself, Sarah, and Julie Fredrickson of Almost Girl and Coutorture:

















The new Lancome space is quite lovely; there are two gorgeous treatment rooms in the back, a wall of roses (behind me in the photo), and a giant Daria on the back wall that would inspire a girl crush in anyone walking by. But the best part of the evening was meeting Ross Burton, Lancome's National Artistic Director. We had a little fun talking about fall makeup trends, and of course I took a moment to foist my own views upon him.

"Ross," says I, "I want a deep navy blue liquid eyeliner for fall. Blue!"

"Blueberry!" he says, and off he goes.

Before I knew it I was sitting in the chair of makeup artist Lucia, the requested blue eyeliner having materialized. Blueberry is somewhere between sapphire and navy, slightly shimmery, dramatic without being over the top. As soon as I can get my hands on my own tube I'll be wearing it every day. The navy is less harsh than black and will go perfectly with fall's berry lips. I'm wearing Blueberry - along with a deep blue shadow - in the photo above; click on it for a closer look.

PS - I hear Daria plays a mean game of basketball.


Comments