Well, friends, I made it back from Toronto with my little bag of liquids and gels intact! It's been two days since the TSA eased restrictions on liquids in carry-on baggage (thankfully, Canada followed suit within hours), and it couldn't have come at a better time. Who wants to check a bag when you're only going away for one night?
It was an exercise in self-restraint for me to fit all my liquid toiletries in one little quart-size plastic bag per the new regulations, but even a beauty addict needs to follow the rules. Here's a little picture of my handiwork:
From left (with links to past reviews, if I have them):
- Stella by Stella McCartney mini roll-on fragrance (hidden by the mascara)
- Lancome Fatale Mascara in Brown
- Lancome Artliner in Brown
- Estee Lauder High Gloss in Amethyst
- Neutrogena Build-a-Tan Face Moisturizer SPF15 (to combat post-flight paleness!)
- Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum (the BEST drugstore hair serum)
- L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil
- Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse mini face cleanser
- Caswell Massey Elixir of Love No. 1 Hand Cream
- Smashbox travel size Photo Finish Primer
I snuck a cream blush and mousse foundation into my regular makeup bag; those went undetected. Country Bunny lotion bar, L'Occitane lip balm, and anti-perspirant thankfully count as solids and did not have to be stuffed into the baggie. Toothpaste, empty, was left behind in Toronto upon my return to New York.
The only hiccup in the process? When the male TSA agent checked out my well-stocked plastic baggie, clearly belonging to a high-maintenance beauty addict, he couldn't hold in the laughter!