Beauty on the Road: Smart Skincare - Beauty Addict

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Beauty on the Road: Smart Skincare

Regular readers of this website will know that I am terribly finicky about my skincare items. I've had so many rashes, breakouts, and clogged pores from ingredients that don't agree with my skin, that I've become a little bit gun-shy. I'm loyal to my favorites, but the problem is, toting all of them around on short business trips is totally out of the question.

Seriously! Estee Lauder this, Boscia that, it gets out of control, especially when you're trying to fit everything into either an airline approved plastic baggie, or a cramped suitcase. What's a girl to do?

Enter Lisa Hoffman Night & Day 24 Hour Skincare.

This travel-friendly line was developed by Lisa, Wife of Dustin, to help simplify your skincare routine and supply you with a complete set of high quality, easy to carry products. The Day packette contains single doses of Day Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer, Eye Cream, and Lip Conditioner; the Night packette includes Night Cleanser, A&C Anti-Aging Serum, Night Cream, Eye Cream, and Lip Serum.

They're a bit of an indulgence at $20 for a single packette Night & Day kit and $120 for a 7-day supply, but the good news is that Hoffman now has a new, more affordable line available on HSN. The packaging is simpler but holds more product, even if it's not as super advanced as the original. Each lab-sealed, recloseable ampoule holds seven days' worth of product, and you get everything for $30!

I recently discovered this fab line and toted it along with me on my last trip to Germany (plus a weekend in Prague! Whoo!). I was fully prepared to be disappointed by one or more of the products (after all, between all the Night & Day goodies I was testing 10 new products), but the truth is that I loved them all. The Night Serum was my favorite by far - usually my face is dry and irritated from air travel, but the serum kept it smooth and free of rough patches and flakes.

Plus, the Day products smell fresh and citrusy, while the Night products have a soothing lavender scent, which I thought was a lovely touch!

The Lisa Hoffman line is absolutely perfect for business trips and vacations - and if you get hooked on the products while on the road, full size versions are available for home as well!


Comments