To Thine Own Lips Be True - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

To Thine Own Lips Be True

Vincent Longo Pearlessence Gel StainToday I made it through my first business lunch, with clients and everything, wearing this ridiculous cast. Somehow I managed to navigate a soup, salad, and 2 cups of coffee with my left hand, and nary a drop spilled! So when I left Ruth's Chris (no steak this time...can't cut it), I decided to take a walk over to Sephora to pick out a little reward for myself.

In addition to restocking my favorite concealer (Becca Compact Concealer in Praline), I picked up a tube of Vincent Longo Pearlessence Gel Stain in Bellini Love.

I had been on the hunt for a pearly lip stain for a while, but most of the ones I tried were either too drying, too light or dark, or lacked good quality shimmer. Not so with the Pearlessence - it feels lightweight, has just the right amount of pigment, and the shimmer is gorgeous.

I put it on in the cab on the way home, and 8 hours later my lips are still shimmering pink! I'm really impressed with the staying power. There's been no need to reapply, but I nearly succumbed several times throughout the day - this stain has the most delicious vanilla cupcake scent. I kept opening the tube just to sniff it!

Bellini Love is a light shimmering pink, the lightest of the three shades (pictured here is Dolceacqua, one of the darker shades and equally gorgeous). It's perfect for summer - pink and playful without looking either too bright or too washed out.

Tomorrow, an appointment with the ortho...what shall the reward be for that? I'm thinking another trip to Sephora...