To Thine Own Lips Be True - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

To Thine Own Lips Be True

Vincent Longo Pearlessence Gel StainToday I made it through my first business lunch, with clients and everything, wearing this ridiculous cast. Somehow I managed to navigate a soup, salad, and 2 cups of coffee with my left hand, and nary a drop spilled! So when I left Ruth's Chris (no steak this time...can't cut it), I decided to take a walk over to Sephora to pick out a little reward for myself.

In addition to restocking my favorite concealer (Becca Compact Concealer in Praline), I picked up a tube of Vincent Longo Pearlessence Gel Stain in Bellini Love.

I had been on the hunt for a pearly lip stain for a while, but most of the ones I tried were either too drying, too light or dark, or lacked good quality shimmer. Not so with the Pearlessence - it feels lightweight, has just the right amount of pigment, and the shimmer is gorgeous.

I put it on in the cab on the way home, and 8 hours later my lips are still shimmering pink! I'm really impressed with the staying power. There's been no need to reapply, but I nearly succumbed several times throughout the day - this stain has the most delicious vanilla cupcake scent. I kept opening the tube just to sniff it!

Bellini Love is a light shimmering pink, the lightest of the three shades (pictured here is Dolceacqua, one of the darker shades and equally gorgeous). It's perfect for summer - pink and playful without looking either too bright or too washed out.

Tomorrow, an appointment with the ortho...what shall the reward be for that? I'm thinking another trip to Sephora...


Comments