Bye-Bye Blemish - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bye-Bye Blemish

The Zeno Pro Acne Clearing Device is something I'd been eyeing with caution for quite a while. At $185 it isn't really something you'd just buy on impulse. I can think of several things I could get for that price instead...a full head of highlights, a Pucci scarf, dinner for one at Daniel...so I was hoping the Zeno would be an investment that I wouldn't regret.

When I got mine, I excitedly ripped open the box and thought to myself, "Ooh, I can't wait to get a pimple!" Who thinks such ridiculous thoughts? I just couldn't wait to try the Zeno!

Well, be careful what you wish for, right? By that evening I felt the beginnings of 2 spots right on the "phone zone," my right jawline where my phone is always touching my face. I powered up the Zeno (it works best on new blemishes like these) and touched it to each spot, leaving it in position for the prescribed 2.5 minutes. It's a little bit of a pain to hold that position, but for a potential zit-zapping I didn't mind. The device felt warm on my face, but not uncomfortably so, and left my skin slightly red for about 10 minutes. Again - it still beats having a full blown pimple.

I followed up 12 hours later with another treatment, as recommended, and went to bed, hoping that the spots would vanish in the night.

And you know what? They did!

The 2 red bumps, which just 24 hours earlier had been threatening to ruin my week, were flat, pain-free, and barely even pink. They still required a bit of concealer, but I was totally impressed with how quickly the Zeno delivered results. (And now a few hours later, the spots are even less noticeable!)

All in all, the Zeno Pro is an excellent investment. For $185 you get the unit and a treatment tip that's good for 90 uses. Replacement tips are $35.

Small price to pay for never again having to associate the word "volcano" with something on your face!


Comments