We've been talking about the berry lip for ages on this blog; every time fall rolls around it's the seasonal look that I look forward to the most.
A juicy berry lip is rich and elegant and more wearable than a straight, classic red. And there are tons and tons of colors to choose from! From raspberry to cranberry to "wine berry," here are a few of my favorite berry hues. Post yours in the comments!
- Clinique Different Lipstick in Angel Red: this gorgeous wine color was part of the signature look created for this year's Latin Grammys, and no wonder - it's rich, satiny, and so dramatic.
- MAC Mattene Lipstick in Rougette: this semi-matte hue goes on true to shade; what you see in the tube is exactly what you get on your lips. It's a cool-toned wine berry that makes a perfect retro matte mouth. (see recap of all the Mattenes)
- Lancome Le Rouge Absolu in Ruby Silk: looks red in the tube, but goes on deep magenta berry. I first spotted this shade on the Thakoon runway a couple of seasons ago, and now it's one of my staple lipsticks for creating a cool-toned berry lip.
- Lancome Color Fever Lipstick in P.S. Kiss: Already sold out Lancome's website, P.S. Kiss was one of the most hyped shades of the season...and with good reason. It's stunning. A full application is a little harsh on me, so I "stamp" it lightly on my lips for a less intense, berry-hued finish. When applied straight from the tube with the usual "swiping" motion, it's a rich, deep burgundy. And did you know it smells like Juicy Tubes? (Still available at Nordstrom - get it now!)
- Shiseido Shimmering Lipstick in SL8: This deep violet berry looks intensely shimmery in the tube, but the shimmer is more subtle and wearable once it's on the lips. Terrific texture and staying power make it a must-have!
- MAC Lipgelee in Lu-Be-Lu: the sheerest of the bunch, this is a glossy magenta raspberry with no shimmer. Super-easy to wear and feels great on the lips.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Boogie Nights: this deep metallic raspberry shade has been a Beauty Addict staple for years! Top with a dab of Chanel Glossimer in Pinup at the center of the lip for a multi-layered effect. (See review)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Cranberry: the reddest of the glosses listed here, Cranberry looks like a classic ruby in the tube, but takes on more of a fuchsia cast on the lips. Cool-toned and shiny with just a smidge of shimmer.
- MAXalicious Glaze in Secret Rendezvous: berry perfection right at the drugstore! Secret Rendezvous is a medium shimmering red berry that smells rather realistically of chocolate and provides even, smooth coverage with good pigment. (See review)
- Estee Lauder High Gloss in Jewel: the darkest of the High Gloss shades, Jewel is a deep burgundy berry with tiny flecks of shimmer. Dramatic and gorgeous.