Edward Tricomi created this gorgeous 'do for last week's J. Mendel show, and it's simpler than it looks! The look was a classic chignon, turned youthful and modern with a unique oval-braided shape.
I'm not so sure about that little mini ponytail on the top, but the braided chignon is so pretty - an unexpected twist on a classic look. It's sleek and modern but the braiding adds a romantic touch.
I think a present-day Rapunzel might wear her hair like this (when she's not using it as a rope, that is).
To recreate the look for yourself, follow these steps:
- Double-part hair, pulling the sectioned off portion into a small ponytail
- Wrap a thin strand around a mini pony holder to conceal it
- Gather all the hair into a ponytail, secure with an elastic, and braid it
- Wrap the braid into an oval shaped chignon, securing with several hairpins.
- Finish with hairspray (Warren-Tricomi's Flexible Hairspray was used at the show, to give hair a matte look minus the stiffness)