Crimes and Misdemeanors - Beauty Addict

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Crimes and Misdemeanors

Last summer I spent a weekend in Prague and stayed with my dear friend Rachel. I remember one night after many hours of partying (during which my cell phone managed to call my boss from inside my purse, GREAT), we were getting ready to turn in for the night and I had to admit to my biggest beauty crime...sleeping in my makeup.

"You, the Beauty Addict, you're not going to wash your face?" I smirked back at her, like a kid who thinks he's getting away with something. But the reality is, when I get lazy and go to bed without washing my face, the only person I'm cheating is myself. After a few days of it I'll inevitably see some redness, clogged pores, or blemishes. Yet I keep doing it!

Keeping a packet of Boots 4-in-1 Cleansing Wipes in my nightstand has helped, but when I'm away from home (which is pretty often), it's so easy to fall off the wagon and sleep "with my face on."

Do you find yourself stuck in the same rut? Or perhaps you're a criminal of a different sort, abusing your hair, popping pimples, or biting your nails. (Or maybe you take the sun in your nightgown with kiwis on your eyes like Diana Ross here. Not sure that's a crime but it sure is funny!)

Tell me...what's your biggest beauty crime? Post yours in the comments!


Comments