Product Body Ski Bomb: Nuclear Powered Winter Balm - Beauty Addict

Monday, March 03, 2008

Product Body Ski Bomb: Nuclear Powered Winter Balm

When the weather is seriously cold (I'm talking bitter, bone-chilling winds here), any old hand cream just won't do, even your beloved L'Occitane or Ahava. These low temps and brutal winds manage to do serious damage to even the most moisturized of hands, leaving knuckles, fingers and cuticles in a sad, sad state.

March has definitely come in like a lion here in NY, and while I'm waiting for it to go out like a lamb, I'm using Product Body Ski Bomb on my skin. Ski Bomb uses shea, cocoa, macadamia and sal butters to moisturize skin, and beeswax to protect it from the elements.

It's incredibly dense, even more so than pure shea butter. If I'm going to be outside for any length of time, I coat the backs of my hands generously.

But my favorite use is for the tops of my feet. I refuse to wear knee-highs or any sort of stockings in the winter with dress pants - I just hate them - so the tops of my feet and my ankles always end up incredibly dry after commuting to and from work every day. A little Ski Bomb before leaving the house in the morning, and before leaving the office at night, keeps them soft and moisturized.

Those of you who lead more active lifestyles will also find Ski Bomb useful for, um, actual skiing (I'm taking the season off after last summer's wrist injury).

There's no added scent in Ski Bomb, just the yummy natural smell of cocoa butter and a little of that licorice-y shea butter smell. The product itself is a little difficult to "start," thanks to the beeswax - try digging a little out with your fingertips to make it easier to scoop.

Ski Bomb is $18 for a 3.5 oz jar that'll last until the weather finally gets warm again - a little goes a long way!


Comments